Monday, November 2, 2009

Cut your own hair.

This post may be a lot easier for my male readers to take action on, but could be useful to anyone willing to give it a shot.

How much do you spend on a haircut?

These clippers probably cost a couple haircuts or less...and you can use them until they melt. I have had no issues with this set of clippers.

Take that figure (15-50 x 12) and this is how much you could potentially save in the first year alone. This assumes once per month plus tips

I used to get my hair cut at Supercuts for around 15 bucks plus a few dollars tip. Then one day the nice lady cutting my hair mentioned "Really? You could just do that yourself..." when I asked for my normal short haircut. Talk about killing your market lady! But she had a great point, and she was right.

I didn't realize for some time that my haircut is incredibly easy and I was shooting myself in the savings foot, and this was when I was younger and just saving up for the Friday night movies. Now I have much different savings goals for the wife and I, and we find ourselves stretching to meet those goals.

This method alone can easily save the average guy $200 a year. That's a lot of cash for taking the fifteen minutes to do it yourself! As long as you don't make to bad a hack job of it, at most you are just going to need to try again a bit shorter, and more carefully. After a cut or two, you will be pretty decent at it!

Did I mention you also saved all the time you used to spend just driving to, waiting for, and driving back from a haircut? That's wear and tear and gas for your vehicle, and the "cost" for your time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment