Friday, October 16, 2009

Health Insurance Rewards

Do you have health insurance?

If you do, when is the last time you took a look at your insurer's website?

I checked out mine last year and found out they offered a rewards type program for participating in an online educational program. I completed a "wellness" questionnaire, and then starting getting weekly reminders to log in to read about health topics. It does not take much time at all, as it is only once per week.

Here's the kicker, they give you a debit card for participating, and continue to load money onto the card as your participation continues.

My health insurance is through Blue Shield of California, but other insurers have similar programs.

I just used some of my "credits" that I earned through my participation, and used the card to buy $50 worth of groceries!

Maybe your insurer offers a similar program, and all you need to do is check the website!

No comments:

Post a Comment